Monday, August 15, 2016

The Truth Comes Out (A micro post)

I need deadlines!

Short story:  I don't write without deadlines.  And on top of that, I need a damn list of goals for myself.  I just skimmed my blog and realized I said I would do reviews of movies that aren't even in theaters anymore, of games that may have had sequels announced already, and have not continued either of the 'series' of posts I wanted to do regularly: Questions Authors Ask and World Building...

On top of that, the only 'writing' I've done lately is rewriting, and before you say, "But Shane, all writing is rewriting," this had been the worst slate of rewriting I've had to do.  I'm frustrated with a scene I feel I need but hate how I've written it and I can't bring myself to move on.  So I'm basically erasing the last two chapters I wrote (more like saved and put in an archive folder) and trying to change things to get me beyond it.  And of course now I'm just not motivated so it's taking a long time.

So blegh.  Any ideas?  Suggestions?  This really hurts to admit but I have to get it off my shoulders and chest and brain...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vulgar, disrespectful, or otherwise just not-nice comments will not be posted. Have something nice to say, or say nothing. Questions and suggestions encouraged. Thanks for reading and commenting!