Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It's Groundhog's Day . . . Again. . .

I'd really like to sit down and write, but I won't...



Man, I feel like this has been the last several days.  I wake up and go through the motions at work, and despite having had COPIOUS amounts of free time (primarily due to a disappointing lack of work to do at Work) I can't write!  While I'm not stuck in the existential crisis that Bill Murray is trapped by in Groundhog's Day, it sure feels like I am to a degree.  On the flip side, I seem to write when I complain about not writing, so we'll see if it works this time.

So far, I've got a little less than four pages of Chapter 8, which I really wanted to get done last month.  I'm in another "forced writing" situation after describing a new character, a 'velociraptor'-esque creature that's a sort of Loyal Animal Companion.  I'm in the situation where I'm like "Do I describe them more (even if I revise it all out later) or do I just stop here and move one?"  I know what the right answer is but that never helps.  Hopefully that pattern I mentioned earlier holds true and I get some writing done though.  Anyway, Happy Groundhog's Day.  I sure hope there will be a tomorrow.  There wasn't one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vulgar, disrespectful, or otherwise just not-nice comments will not be posted. Have something nice to say, or say nothing. Questions and suggestions encouraged. Thanks for reading and commenting!