Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The End of NaNoWriMo

The End of an Era (of frantically trying to write)

So the end has come to National Novel Writing Month a few days ago, and I am happy to say that I wrote 4241 words, a mere 8% of the goal of 50,000 words.  That said, I finished off Chapter 6 and wrote the entirety of Chapter 7.  So I'm happy with myself.  Considering this was my first attempt, I'm not ashamed of not writing more.  NaNoWriMo is meant for authors to try and write a new 50,000 word novel.  I've been using it as motivation to write my existing novel which currently sits at 28,023 words across seven chapters.  Given I've been working on this draft for about two years, I'm happy with my slow but steady progress.  This month's goal is to write Chapter 8, if not more, before the New Year.  Then, it's a chapter a month for 2016 and by then I should be done!  Wish me luck!

I'm gonna need it.

1 comment:

  1. Shane, setting goals is a wonderful thing! I'm so proud of your writing talents! Getting more and more anxious to read your first novel!

    ReplyDelete

Vulgar, disrespectful, or otherwise just not-nice comments will not be posted. Have something nice to say, or say nothing. Questions and suggestions encouraged. Thanks for reading and commenting!