Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Year End Reflections

The Clock is Ticking


Seasons greetings once again!  Now that Christmas has passed, we are in that in between time where we are recovering from the merry-making of the holiday season yet waiting for yet more merry-making on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.  More specifically, I find myself having written nothing of the eighth chapter of my book, and instead having written 5 more pages to my seventh chapter.  While I do not consider that a failure, I wish I had been satisfied with my seventh chapter as I left it at the end of November.  

The trouble I had with moving on to the next chapter was that several aspects of a village where the chapter takes place was left undefined because, at the time, I didn't see a need to elaborate on them.  That changed immediately when I sat down to write chapter eight and I realized I had none of the foundation set for what I wanted to happen (specifically where it would happen) and so, back to the drawing board (of chapter seven).  And that is where I stand at the end of December.  Writing more of a chapter I thought I finished.

Apart from the problems of authorship, life has been enjoyable.  I always enjoy time with my family, even if the amount of time is sometimes viewed as 'too much time' in the moment.  Anyone with a large family will know what I mean, especially as you get older and drama inevitably develops.  Regardless, I saw many people that I loved, including dear friends, and that's really the best part of this time of year, religious or not.

Apart from that, this past year has been an adventure for sure.  I proposed to my (then) girlfriend last Christmas, and we've been slowly planning our wedding all year.  It's going to have a mash-up theme revolving around Ren Faires/Christmas/Nerd-dum and we're going to get custom outfits made.  I'm gonna have a cape.  You know, because the Rule of Cool.  I've written a few chapters of my novel.  Got artwork for said novel created (which I discuss in my various World Building posts on this blog).  And I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens, twice.  Next year promises to be awesome.  So until then, stay safe and best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vulgar, disrespectful, or otherwise just not-nice comments will not be posted. Have something nice to say, or say nothing. Questions and suggestions encouraged. Thanks for reading and commenting!