Monday, November 2, 2015

National Novel Writing Month

NaNoWriMo

AKA "Write.  Your.  Book!"

Hello readers!  Happy NaNoWriMo!  November is the time of the year where both veteran and novice writers can set a goal for themselves:  Write their d@mn book!  Or more accurately, write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.  On top of that, there is an organization dedicated to this endeavor that offers a place for writers to post their work as well as offering tools, advice, and even encouragement to keep writing.  In order to write 50,000 words in 30 days, you have to write an average of 1667 words a day.  That's a lot, to be honest, however, it is a lot to think about.  On a good day, I could blast that out and be happy with it.  But for 30 consecutive days?  Without getting caught in Revision Hell?  Without writers block or an idea not developing properly?  Hence the support structure.

Perosnally, I know I can't write a 50,000 word novel in a month because I haven't even written 50,000 words in 12 years!  I am however, keeping track this month.  So far I have written 308, all of which come from today.  We will see how far I get by November 30, but my goals are as follows:


  1. Write as much as possible.  Not a specific goal but still something I need to have as a goal because "Write as little has possible" as been my goal for a while and its not helping me write!
  2. Finish chapter 6 for Tolkien's Sake!  I've had my sixth chapter staring at me for over a month or two and it's driving me crazy!  It's also a terrible reminder that I write too slow, so, "Finish It!"
  3. Start chapter 7 and  also finish it!  Fingers crossed!
  4. Start chapter 8, bonus points for finishing.
  5. Write as much as possible.  Just so it sinks in.
I will probably compell myself to write more after posting this, but I will keep the total words typed count running all month.  I hope it gets close to 50,000!


For more about National Novel Writing Month, click the links below, and Happy Reading and Writing!
Link to the NaNoWriMo Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/nanowrimo/
Link to the NaNoWriMo Home Page:  https://www.nanowrimo.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vulgar, disrespectful, or otherwise just not-nice comments will not be posted. Have something nice to say, or say nothing. Questions and suggestions encouraged. Thanks for reading and commenting!